thanks – will have a look – this sounds just like what I need!

From: Alan Fregtman
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 3:25 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: pointvelocity to drive motion vectors on geometry - does it work?

Yeah; for a UserMotion example, go to your XSI_SAMPLES project under:

/Scenes/ICE/RotatingGearWithICEUserMotions.scn

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 3:43 AM, Ciaran Moloney <moloney.cia...@gmail.com>
wrote:

  Hi,

  PointVelocity applies to particles only. If you're using MR, then there's an
ICE attribute usermotion that you can use to define custom vectors for motion
blur.