Hey Christian,

if you have access to ZBrush, you could load one segment and the
Photoshop-cropped texture and try the "Fix seams" command.

It´ll extend the color around the UVshell borders by 4-16px.

This may be enough to hide the seams.

Another thing that comes to mind is the backround color of your
rendermapped texture segment.

Are you using the original 18Kx18K px file and just the alpha coverage
file for the Photoshop action? This should prevent "pseudo-premultiplied"
effects when cropping, as you don´t have black pixels as opposed to using
the rendermapped texture (which will be black outside the surface area)
as the cropping source.

Btw, if I divide 18000px by 200, I end up with 90px that´s a very small
tile and sounds like loads of interpolation to start with anyway?

Cheers,

tim