if you want to swim through a spatial noise:

vector state (set to 'intersection point') --> uv edit (uncheck the swap checkboxes) --> coordinate input on any of the texture generators, eg fractal.

-----Original Message----- From: Christian Keller
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 6:17 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Procedural textures on particles

use the per cloud input in the particle density node  and uncheck unique
per particle in the text coord tab

Am 22.05.2012 17:53, schrieb Andy Moorer:
Hey folks, I'm playing around with a simple particle system to which I've applied a material with a procedural texture (simple noise.)

The result is a bunch of particles textured identically, the space sampled being local to each particle. In this case I would rather have each particle "swim" through the spatial noise, their global position used, rather than local. Is there a way to go about this?

--
christian keller
visual effects|direction

m +49 179 69 36 248