I received the same message.
I am not sure just what the point of a spoof would be. we are such an under-the
radar group.

The URLs in the email do not work, BTW, but everything else looks legit. I
stopped receiving mail from the list shortly after the message was sent.

I just replied to the email.

On May 27, 2012, at 5:55 PM, christian wrote:

> anyone know whats up with that ? got the message that my account was
> disabled..
>
> "Your membership in the mailing list Softimage has been disabled due to
> excessive bounce"
>
> is it some weird spam thing going on ? my address being spoofed for some
> random crap ? or what the hell is going on.. anyone know ?

Michael Clarke Design
Blue C Studios
713-927-9835