I think it's gotten a lot better, however, according to the forum it may not work on 2013. I've only used it a little so I'm not sure how much of that has been addressed but the tests I did seemed a pretty close match for most materials as far as look. Only testing your scene will tell I guess. The booleans looked great with nice clean edges on sub-d objects. Probably a better result visually than trying to boolean your object geometry unless you use extremely high poly counts and then you know how unstable that is.