Title: Signature
I'm rendering this with Mental Ray. I found a solution that lets me render what I want without having to freeze it to geo. But it would still be nice to know how to do it.

-Tim

On 7/10/2012 12:45 AM, Sandy Sutherland wrote:
What are you rendering with?

S.

_____________________________
Sandy Sutherland
Technical Supervisor
sandy.sutherl...@triggerfish.co.za
_____________________________

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com [softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] on behalf of phil harbath [phil.harb...@jamination.com]
Sent: 10 July 2012 07:05
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Freeze ICE tree to geometry?

momentum instancer perhaps.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2012 6:24 PM
Subject: Freeze ICE tree to geometry?

I'm needing to freeze the results of my non-simulated ICE tree to geometry so I can optimize its use in another ICE tree. (wanting to scatter something that was built by a scatter to beginwith).

Concerns about geo density not-withstanding, is there a way to freeze a non-simulated ICE tree to editable geometry?

--

Tim Crowson
Lead CG Artist

Magnetic Dreams Animation Studio, Inc.
2525 Lebanon Pike, Building C. Nashville, TN 37214
Ph  615.885.6801 | Fax  615.889.4768 | www.magneticdreams.com
tim.crow...@magneticdreams.com