If inspiration/ideas is what you need why restrict to ice? Check out the
proceduralism channel on Vimeo, that's precisely why i made it... to act as a
huge repository for stuff ranging from particle animations to art films. If you
can browse through it for 30 minutes without being inspired I'll let you throw
an egg at me next siggraph. https://vimeo.com/channels/proceduralism