I didn't mention that yes, indeed, you could just make python bindings
to the c++ sdk, because the ideal scenario is to have it works through
the standard scripting interface. That way the history log would work,
the ppg logic, and the script remain compatible.

Marc Andre did toy around with the idea of making bindings to the c++
(with boost I think) and that could run a lot faster too but it would
mean two incompatible ways to write scripts so we hesitated.