i dont remember this behavior being in previous versions and i want to log
it as a bug, where is that bug report page on automaze's website?

regardless, there is nothing to throw away, they are all perfectly good. i
can understand they dont want to store those buffers in the file too so
unfortunately softimage's memory dump style of saving a scene needs an
exception to not include the region memo cam buffers but also not throw
them away in current memory.