For the legs at least, i think it partly depends on if the rigs you plan on
implementing use footroll or not. The basic biped doesn't, while armored
guy does. Depending on how the character is rigged, I can see the templates
being slightly different, even if you typically use characters that have a
footroll. So, it really depends.