I find it kind of hilarious that the only reason any Softimage users
want there to be a Softimage suite is so that they'll feel like
they're being treated "fairly."  None of us actually wants to pay
extra money for a "bonus" Maya or Max license.  I'd love to see the
Softimage diagram to go alongside the Maya/Max diagram.  I think it
would be something like this:

The Area of Excellence
Softimage

The Area of Access to Cheap Labor
Maya, fbx

The Area of Access to Some Good 3rd Party Plugins
Max

The Area of Unfair Marketing
The Area

I'm mostly kidding of course, but I think there's also a nugget of
truth.  If Autodesk pushed Softimage as a standalone product and
succeeded, good luck selling people suites of redundant products.