I completely agree with this Marc. There is so much negative sentiment in
this thread that I'd be surprised if AD is still listening. Some of the
folks there are probably pretty proud to work for them and have a genuine
interest in Soft, so this thread is painful reading. I don't agree with the
marketing of soft at all, but I do still 'evangelize' the product, and will
continue to do so until there is something which for us as a studio works
better (we jumped from Maya to Soft about 5 years ago and haven't looked
back since).

If AD were to sink this beautiful ship then so be it. Until that point for
the good of my sanity, my crew and my studio, I will continue to push the
usage of Softimage, and ignore a small graphic that is very hard to find
(I'm on the marketing lists for Max, Maya and Soft, and pretty much every
other bit of AD spam plus my reseller) and never personally received or saw
it.

There is little point in begrudging the AD employees that are doing what
they can do with what resources they have to keep soft out there - these
are the guys that are 'on our side'. Stating that the software is EOL is
also massively counter-productive, it's a lovely juicy soundbite to throw
around the office. Shit sticks, even if it's unfounded.

The proof of commitment (or not) will be seen in the next release.

Cheers,

Jules