From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Eric Thivierge
Sent: 21 September 2012 15:45
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: zoom limits

What if you delete the interest?

Eric Thivierge
http://www.ethivierge.com

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 12:37 AM, Brent McPherson
<brent.mcpher...@autodesk.com<mailto:brent.mcpher...@autodesk.com>> wrote:
That is actually a tricky one because when you zoom in the Nav tool you are not
changing the FOV but rather moving the camera closer to the interest. (e.g. the
point about which the camera orbits) When the camera reaches the interest you
can't go any further.

In Maya when you start zooming and the distance between the camera and the
interest gets small they reset the interest to some fixed distance further from
the camera. So you zoom in close, release the mouse and on the next zoom the
interest will be reset and you can zoom some more.

This solution is probably the best compromise but requires some care to ensure
the zooming feels smooth.
--
Brent