I have a developer question from a developer in our building.  We've checked
the SDK manuals, but they were ambiguous on the subject.

Our developer is attempting to write a bridge between Softimage and our other
proprietary tools/systems for custom tool development and must allocate many
resources during XSILoadPlugin() so other plugins can share/use the resources
without having to allocate them at each invocation (eg: memory, establish .dll
reference count with Windows, login to other accounts, etc...).

The question is:

Under exactly what conditions will XSIUnloadPlugin() get called?

For example, if XSILoadPlugin() terminates prematurely by returning
XSI::CStatus::Fail, does XSIUnloadPlugin() get called?  Or does
XSIUnloadPlugin() only get called if XSILoadPlugin() returns XSI::CStatus::OK
indicating the plugin has successfully completed loading?  If XSIUnloadPlugin()
gets called in all cases, are there exceptions to what will/won't be available
in that callback?

Thanks,

Matt