The combo box is usually just a UI wrapper helping to pick a value by its
label. The value underneath with the UI closed should still be changeable
if valid.

Don't know about this specific one, but other combo boxes in the past got
in my way, but could be worked around if nothing was open refreshing the
layout call of that UI (and forcing an unwanted value) and then I could
persist an arbitrary value long enough for a capture or a bake.