Hi Sebastian,

if it is just a color gradient by particle density that you are after then
it is really simple to get this with a Get Neghbours > count > rescale
range > gradient

ie this https://vimeo.com/1618403

it is a fast realtime calculation (as long as you set the search distance
to a reasonable level!) than can be applied in the modelling stack of an
ice tree to an already cached simulation affecting the color

if its something else required from the actual part of the Lagoa Simulation
then I have no idea of how to get it without simmming again.