Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the mailing list. My company (Pluto Post) is getting started with
Softimage and ICE. My first task was to setup a custom Qube render job for
V-Ray for Softimage. The issue I have run into is that there seems to be no
way to save a scene and NOT change the current scene's save location. 3dsmax
has a very simple maxscript command to do this and we used it in our custom
max submit. The reason we use SaveCopyAs is that we like to save a copy of
current scene at submission time as a snapshot of the scene in the output
folder. This way we always have a copy of the scene exactly as it was when
the render was submitted and the user is free to continue to save/version
his current scene at his or her discretion without messing with the render
job.

I could not find a way to do this in softimage without double saving (which
I want to avoid, especially with 1GB+ files). I only see two command related
to saving: SaveScene and SaveSceneAs. I also searched the C++ sdk for
anything that would let me achieve what I want and I could not find
anything. My current solution is to save the current scene to the current
path and copy the scene file to the destination. This is not ideal since the
user may not always want to overwrite their scene save before render
(especially our artists that use to the existing 3dsmax workflow). I could
also force a version up save, but that is also not ideal and will generate
many more save versions that necessary.

Obviously it is not a deal breaker if SaveCopyAs is not possible, but it
would help ease our transition if anyone has any idea how to accomplish it.

Thanks,

-James