just check simulation time control (under environment) has the first frame
defined explicitly
especially if you have a number other than 1 as your first frame and non
integer frame rates

by default it will have a tick box for use start frame and the option will
be grayed out.
this has made me sad in the past.

with that set correctly the first frame should reset your ice to the state
described buy the modeling stack alone.

_sam