I will send our riggers for sure Raf!

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Raffaele Fragapane
Sent: Wednesday, 13 February 2013 4:30 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Interest/Opinions on a (possible) rigging workshop

Heya all,

I'm currently fishing around for interest and feedback on a potential rigging
(for animation) workshop.

The format and venue would be the same of my technical direction one,
CGSociety, Videos+Literature+Forums Feedback for eight weeks. The costs, media
access, infrastructure etc. are the usual they provide these days.

I'm basically interested in knowing how many people would be genuinely
interested, and to get a rough idea of what level would be the most popular.

Currently I have a couple curriculum sketched out, and am inclined to do
something that ranges from basics (familiarity with the software the pre-req
but not aimed to veteran character TDs) to intermediate techniques for the
animation end of things, so deformation, other than the basics, and layered
proceduralism absent, but definitely touch on design, dev, modularity and
maths/tech fundamentals on building user facing rigs.

If interest seems to be skewed away from that though, I could consider
offsetting towards something of a more advanced level, but I have a hunch it'd
get a lot of lip service but less pull.

Timeframe would be a start some time between May and August, depending on
several factors.

Anyway, any expressions of interest, public or private, and feedback would be
sincerely appreciated.

Cheers,
Raff