I do what Adam said...but before I make sure the ice projection is
calculated correclty (not bypassed by those evil ice optimizations) by
using the attached compound at the very end of in the first icetree on each
"actor_copies" mesh. It's really simple, it ensures the attribute is set by
using it inside a null equation that get/set point positions.