Hi list,

I am writing a custom format and was wondering about the proper way to
generate geometry in Softimage. As a proof of concept I've used an ICE tree
with the Create Topo node. I parse my text file and input all data into
String to Array nodes to feed the Create Topo. To my surprise, this even
worked for a very complicated and large mesh (1.3 million triangles) and
didn't take particularly long.

How would I go about doing this using a "regular" workflow? Do I have to
use commands (ConnectNewPolygonToEdge, AddPointToNewPolygon and whatnot) or
is there an object model way to do it? Python btw

Thank you,
Christian