I just bought a new computer and I am trying to install my Softimage suites
(wont call it a maya suite). I must have used up too many installs, but even
after uninstalling from my old machine I can't use my serial number.

So I was wondering, can I use a usb network device like a dongle so I can
avoid this mess?

I also want to do this with Nuke, but was told when I purchased it that it
was not recommended or supported. That sounds like that it would work but
they just don't like the idea of you being able to take your nuke with you
to work. If I buy something I should be able to use it where ever I like :)

I use a USB device for other software and it seems to work fine... although
just my luck my new computer does not like my USB thingy and I will end up
having to get all those licenses transferred any way to a new device.

I was wondering the same about Exocortex stuff as well? I have Momentum 2 (I
need to upgrade that) and Species and would love to be able to take those to
work if needed. I find if I bring updated software into work it forces the
company to upgrade to stay current with me :)

Greg