yes, its aggressive. other renderers have traditional materials applied to
surfaces, and if these materials use the attribute shader nodes the ICE
data should get pulled. maybe instead of that massive "Shader Options" tab,
you could provide actual shaders or a shader compound which you apply to
the particle cloud. in that shader compound you would use "Vector
Attribute" shader set to point normal, driving the normals port of a
"Krakatoa Shader". you can provide these compounds with the default set of
ICE attributes to drive the default Krakatoa named channels, this would
also allow someone to "repath" a Krakatoa named channel to a differently
named ICE attribute. ex. MyCustomVector -> Normal (krakatoa's normal
channel).

thanks for your work james, is this to be a plugin for sale through
thinkbox? or is it proprietary? or free and open?