also, what I mentioned about using groups would only work if you're after
something simple like a planar projection

if the objects are complicated and you have already unwrapped the UVs,
simply apply a new projection and copy the UVs to that new projection,
after that you can select all of the objects and lay out the UV islands on
a single texture so that they don't overlap, then rendermap into that UV
space..

--
Andreas Byström
Weta Digital