Having Aero disabled turns certain fundamental UI things OFF in Windows and
is a pretty bad thing to do. There are ways to have Aero enabled but still
keeping the "old" look and feel of windows.
In the Start menu, search for Adjust and choose "Adjust the apperance and
performance of Windows". You can turn almost everything off. But you need
to keep "Enable desktop composition" ON.

Hope this helps someone out there :)

/Jens

--
Jens Lindgren