Hello. I´ve been looking at this page for the setup of satellite rendering:
http://xsisupport.com/category/satellite/

And I did set up "services" file on:
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\
Adding the line:
mi-raysatsi2012_3_9_1_38 2564/tcp                #mental ray satellite Autodesk
Softimage

That "2564" it´s the PID number that shows up when I execute the services
running on the task manager.

So I figured that it will be the port which the Master would talk to the slave.
I set this on the ray3host file, and the
name of the slave. I allowed this connection through the firewall by adding a
new rule like the video mentioned, but no. It didn´t work.

So I went on and setup the port on 7027 like the video mentioned, also in these
3 places:
Services file
Ray3host file
Windows firewall - allowing connection through that port.

Then I activated SI2012 and opened a particular heavy-to-render file. Checked
the log options on both: preview and render manager.
Log only displays normal local render: "' INFO : JOB  0.16 progr:    44.1%
rendered on 3DCompositor.16"
No other names on the log.

The name of the machines are: 3DCompositor, 3DCompositor2, 3DCompositor3.
These are the PC machine names, running windows 7. These names are the same on
the local netgroup (named: postproduction).

So after all these setups, I looked for a solution on other posts/pages but
most of the posts on AREA talk about max or maya.
Could anyone help me out as to what´s left to complete to have satellite
rendering on these 3 machines?

Thanks.

David R.