> I'm not entirely sure of what this represents.

 For the most part it represents uncertainty. To me this is never a good thing
when you are planning long term. As much as I love Softimage (and luckily for
education its tops ) if I was making this purely as a long term business
investment (ie say Starting my own little company) It would not be my first
choice because I am just not comfortable with the haphazard and to me evasive
manner in which it is managed.  The world economy is just not in a good space
right now and if your betting the farm, would you do it on the back of another
companies part time thing ?

I was optimistic when Dan introduced himself on Si Community but the vast
silence since then has pretty much killed that enthusiasm. Yes it is great to
have the developers active here *waves SVN / Mercurial integration Cough!
cough! ;) * However its more then just that which is required.

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Matt Lind