We've had this with an odd combination of normal maps and mix nodes. As Alan
says it's just a warning and doesn't seem to affect our renders.

________________________________
From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] on behalf of Alan Fregtman
[alan.fregt...@gmail.com]
Sent: 18 June 2013 05:15
To: XSI Mailing List
Subject: Re: Anyone have an idea what error message it is?

TIFFs support storing arbitrary metadata. (In fact, TIFF stands for just
that... Tagged Image File Format.) Some programs store custom "tags" or other
things in the format, and I guess the renderer just doesn't know what to do
with this particular bit of data, but because the image itself is intact, it
continues anyway.

Like the message says, it's just a warning. No harm done.

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 12:08 AM, Daniel Kim
I get this error message from a scene. Rendering still works, but it keep pops
up and I have no idea what it is. Does anyone have an idea what this error
message is about?

' WARNING : IMG  0.2     62 MB warn   102023: TIFFReadDirectory: :wrong data
type 7 for "RichTIFFIPTC"; tag ignored.
' WARNING : IMG  0.2     62 MB warn   102023: TIFFReadDirectory: :wrong data
type 7 for "RichTIFFIPTC"; tag ignored.
' WARNING : IMG  0.2     62 MB warn   102023: TIFFReadDirectory: :wrong data
type 7 for "RichTIFFIPTC"; tag ignored.
' WARNING : IMG  0.2     62 MB warn   102023: TIFFReadDirectory: :wrong data
type 7 for "RichTIFFIPTC"; tag ignored.
' WARNING : IMG  0.7     17 MB warn   102023: TIFFReadDirectory: :wrong data
type 7 for "RichTIFFIPTC"; tag ignored.
' WARNING : IMG  0.7     17 MB warn   102023: TIFFReadDirectory: :wrong data
type 7 for "RichTIFFIPTC"; tag ignored.
' WARNING : IMG  0.7     17 MB warn   102023: TIFFReadDirectory: :wrong data
type 7 for "RichTIFFIPTC"; tag ignored.
' WARNING : IMG  0.7     17 MB warn   102023: TIFFReadDirectory: :wrong data
type 7 for "RichTIFFIPTC"; tag ignored.

Daniel Kim
Animation Director & Professional 3D Generalist
http://www.danielkim3d.com