>From the docs:

Curve Distance to Curve Location
Converts a distance along a geometric curve to a location. The location is
stored as a custom attribute called CurveLocation by default, which you can get
with a Get Data node. You can look up data at the location by plugging it into
the Source port of another Get Data node.

So, you feed a distance value into Curve Distance to Location and plug it into
the root. Then in a later branch, you get Self.CurveLocation and do something
with it, e.g., look up PointPosition, Tangent, or something else.

gray

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Matt Lind
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 2:32 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: RE: CurveLocation

You could say that about most of the ICE documentation and portions of the SDK
for that matter.

I would imagine by its label that "CurveLocation" is a "location" on a curve.
So look up the attributes available for a location and there's your answer.  A
little trial and error can answer the question too.  Do a GetData on the
CurveLocation attribute and see what you can pull out of it.

Matt