The biggest gotcha I can think of is [SI_DEFECT-0073] which is about the
ICE SDK being extra slow. That is, if you're reading attributes via
scripting (or the C++ API I believe), it's apparently much slower than it
used to be.

I know you said you weren't using Arnold, but that's where you would notice
it the most -- when trying to export a scene with ICE stuff. I think a fix
is on its way, but not out yet.