A bit off-topic already :) but I just found pyalembic in Gohlkes invaluable
Windows binaries list:
http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#pyalembic

But I also agree that something as simple and readable as JSON would be
cool to have for (plotted?) world-space camera exchange. And _all_
parameters should be animatable.

Michael