On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 6:23 PM, Greg Punchatz <g...@janimation.com> wrote:
>  I am also hugely disappointed in Mudbox... The only thing I ended up using
> in the whole suite is SOFTIMAGE.. Zbrush and Mari got my personal dollars
> because they delivered while AD promised.  Now Luc Eric is all but saying
> Mudbox is going into Maya on Softimage forums....

I never wrote or implied anything of the sort about mudbox.  I replied
to a statement made that an app like zbrush or mudbox couldn't be
built in another app instead of standalone, if it is a platform that's
designed well enough and provides good SDK services.  there is no need
to mindlessly re-create UI, manipulators, opengl viewports,  from
scratch all the time when all the base is similar. we've all wasted
time in apps that have weird navigation or stuff we've used to with
manipulators.  it's pointless, and Softimage itself has always been
about using the same tools and UI in all modules..