*This is untrue, you only have to do this for plugins accessing to ice
attribute*

Like render engines except MR I guess...  Exocortex, Eric Mootz's, etc...
I will wait and see... I hope at least this SDK changes will lead us to
better and new features.

One thing I can say is that at least I've seen more good stuff made with
Softimage, like the chimp add, Zambezia, and Johnny Walker's Bruce Lee
although this last one was shared in the pipeline with Maya.