Not the answer I was hoping for, but at least it confirms that there's no way around it, guess I'll have to automate it
Thanks!

ModusFx
On 07/08/2013 7:37 PM, Matt Lind wrote:
ModusFx

You are experiencing precision error with floating point values. As the integer portion increases, the precision of the decimal decreases.

You could use scripting to automate, but you've pretty much found the accepted solution.

Matt

*From:*softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com [mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] *On Behalf Of *Philip Melancon
*Sent:* Wednesday, August 07, 2013 3:37 PM
*To:* softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
*Subject:* Jittery strand-deformed instances

Hi folks, I've got a simple setup where strands are deforming geometry instances. My problem is that the further we get from the global 0 of the 3d scene, the more the instances start deforming really weirdly. It looks as if a jitter operator has been applied to the instance.

Our workaround so far has been to put everything under a null, bring it back to the center of the world, cache, and then move the cached result back where it's supposed to go. I'd love a less convoluted process if someone knows of a better way to fix this, as I'd hate to have to do this for 350 shots.

Thanks,
Phil

No virus found in this message.