>From my personal experience, OS performance is just better on Linux. The
memory usage and resource management is hard to beat, and the openness and
extreme configurability of absolutely everything is very welcome. I also
love the window management you mentioned (and man, Compiz wobbly windows
are so much fun!)

Ubuntu is my favourite distro but at work we use CentOS (which is based off
RedHat.) I think if Soft work on Ubuntu we'd see more people trying it
since the distro is so friendly to newcomers and power users alike; heck,
even its motto is "Linux for human beings", haha.