Hi All,

I could use some advice on the following:

I'm trying to query in ICE whether the Constraint Compensate Button (CnsComp)
is activated or not.
To do this I'd need to be able to "Get Data" from UserPrefs (pressing the CnsComp button logs
"Application.SetUserPref("SI3D_NODETRANSFORM_CHILD_COMPENSATE", 0)), but I don't know what the correct path would need
to look like in the GetData node since there is no "UserPref" or "UserPreferences" object in the scene to read
from, unlike "Preferences".
I suspect that this is currently not possible (as with 99.9% of all the
questions I'm asking here), but if it is please let me know.

Similarly, I'm trying to get the state of the Immediate Mode button (Immed),
which can be read from the standard Preferences (not Userprefs) via scripting
like this:
operationMode =
Application.Preferences.GetPreferenceValue("xsiprivate_unclassified.OperationMode"
 ) #this still undocumented btw

However, in spite of being stored in Preferences, Get Data fails on anything that starts
with ".xsiprivate_unclassified", so no go either as it seems. Any ideas?
If ne1 knows the reasoning behing storing CnsComp and ChldComp in UserPrefs, which can
only be queried using a command, as it seems, and ImmedMode in some hidden
"standard" Preference value instead (why not just a normal preference values
that are dealt with like any other preference values) please don't hesitate to lay it on
me.

Thanks a lot,

        Stefan
  Stefan Kubicek                   ste...@keyvis.at
           keyvis digital imagery
          Alfred Feierfeilstraße 3
       A-2380 Perchtoldsdorf bei Wien
        Phone:  +43 (0) 699 12614231
                 www.keyvis.at
--   This email and its attachments are    --
-- confidential and for the recipient only --