Can anyone think of a clever way to "freeze" a mesh that's enveloped but
not destructively?

I'm adding some simulation functions to our character rig, basically just a
copy of the enveloped mesh that I am using for particle generation. In
order for my setup to work, it needs to be a static pose. So what I am
looking for is a way to remove the envelope's influence on a frame I
choose, but keeping that static pose. Something like when you mute the
envelope operator, but the mesh needs to stay in that pose and not snap
back to it's pre-enveloped position.

I want to be able to re-enable the envelope if I need to.

Thanks,
Eric

Freelance 3D and VFX animator

http://vimeopro.com/user7979713/3d-work