My 10 year old daughter has expressed an interest in making her own games.
 As a typical 10 year old she doesn't have the patience to sit and type
code out of a book to make a tic-tac-toe game.  I think she's still at the
age where she needs to see more immediate (and cool) results.

So, does anyone know of any online, kid-friendly, game building apps that
might at least teach her some basic concepts?

The one I'm leaning towards is Scratch, but there are just hundreds of
other options out there and I have no idea what's good and what sucks.

Anyone have a favorite they'd recommend?

Thanks,

Paul

P.S. if it makes any difference, her favorite game is Minecraft.