Wow!  Thanks guys for all the options!  Several of these seem like they'd
be perfect for her.

One that I came across was Gamestar Mechanic.  Does anyone have an opinion
on it?  The thing that attracted me to it is, they are doing an online
training series for kids ages 9-14.  It's not cheap - $199.  But I like the
idea of holding her accountable to someone other than her mother and
myself.  They claim they have "game experts" who work with the kids over
the course of 4 Units to help them develop their own game.

I'm going to have to make a list of all these and sit down to review them
all & narrow it down to a couple of choices and let her pick.

Thanks!

Paul