Haha, yeah, if I switched Arnold that many times I wouldn't delete my user
folder.
I only switch like once a month or something like that.
But instead of deleting the Arnold Render.Preset and all references to
Arnold in default.xsipref, I usually delete the whole folder and run my
script to set all preferences again.
I don't have any addons or plugins at all in my user folder but instead
have a personal workgroup on the network. That way the farm can still use
my personal stuff.
The only drawback is that the recent files and Project Manager gets cleared
but that's sometimes a good thing as well as old project that has been
archived and not accessible anymore gets cleared out.
Oh, and the key map needs to be backed up and copied back to the new user
folder.

/Jens

--
Jens Lindgren