Hi Eric, I'm curious as to what the differences are that you are seeing, or
what you mean with
"not getting good results". Do you mean the shaders just "look" different using
the exact same settings compared to what you'd get from Vray in Max? In which
way is it "not good"?

I am/was on the Vray beta for Soft since it's beginning in 2008/2009, and I
even used the first release in production (now that was fun), but the only
noticeable differences I could make out were when using the blend shader, which
had bug which I think has been fixed by now (or at least it should have).

> We're not getting good results in Softimage with Vray as opposed to what we
> got out of 3DS using the same geo and shader settings.
>
> Freelance 3D and VFX animator
>
> http://vimeopro.com/user7979713/3d-work
>

> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 2:43 PM, Steven Caron <car...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> the softimage plugin for vray? or vray in general?
>>

>> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Eric Lampi <ericla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Well I can tell you that at the moment, Vray is practically useless
>>> compared to Arnold.
>>>
>>> We're using it currently, and we're all a little shocked here that it's
>>> not still in beta...
>>>
>>> Eric

   Stefan Kubicek                  ste...@keyvis.at
            keyvis digital imagery
           Alfred Feierfeilstraße 3
        A-2380 Perchtoldsdorf bei Wien
         Phone:  +43 (0) 699 12614231
                 www.keyvis.at
--   This email and its attachments are    --
-- confidential and for the recipient only --