Paul,

AI Cut is neat, but it doesnt cut 'through' an object, creating interior
surfaces... The more I think about it, the Lightwave implementation is
probably a rendertime operation - similar to XSI's BoolTrace.  Just works
with images...

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM, Paul Griswold <
pgrisw...@fusiondigitalproductions.com> wrote:

> You want AI Cut Geometry.  Check rray.de/xsi
>
> -Paul
>

> On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Adrian Lopez <vfxw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> I'm sure this has been discussed before on the forum, but a search turned
>> up nothing.
>>
>> Lightwave has a clip map function that lets you use an alpha or black and
>> white image, to cut through an object its mapped to.  Its not a simple
>> transparency, it carves through the object so interior surfaces render.
>>
>> Back in our LW days it was a quick way to create an extruded logo from an
>> image.  Is there any way to achieve this in xsi?
>>
>> Thanks in advance

Adrian Lopez
CEO.Producer.Director
Liquid Light Digital