And referenced actions for your animations could also help a little. I remember
I've had a few problems with them not refreshing correctly. Animations can also
become very heavy if you're plotting or using raw motion captures with a lot of
characters /objects.

And of course removing unused textures, materials, layers, passes, etc can also
help a little bit.

Martin
Sent from my iPhone