Actually my first contact with 3D graphics was the flight simulator for
that Apple II plus...  It was a biplane with a grid as the ground, a line
to the left representing the mountains.  And haha, when the first mouse
came out, my first CGI ever was the cover art of Judas Priest's "Screaming
for Vengance"...