Hi Tim

Thanks for that. We are still battling to get our input scans of good
enough quality to be concerned to much about textures just yet.

Unfortunately they are out side heritage scans and the people doing them
are still busy learning.

Kind regards

Angus

On 2013/10/29, 1:54 PM, "Tim Leydecker" <bauero...@gmx.de> wrote:

>Hi Angus,
>
>here´s a Blender/meshlab tutorial focusing on using/baking vertex colors.
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Oh8pMbTS8 (part1)
>
>But Meshlab offers loads of other options to generate UVs/textures.
>
>When I did the vertex color (from a *.ply) file to UV/texture thing,
>I did it directly in meshlab and exported to *.obj with per face UVs.
>
>That said, it seems I don´t have to do that anymore, using skanect 1.5,
>I lets me export directly to *.obj with autoUVs and a texture.
>
>The advantage of meshlab would be that you can use higher resolution
>texture
>output, skanect defaults to a 1k texture map.
>
>Those workflows are constantly changing of course.
>
>Personally, I´m pretty happy making first steps with a kinect, skanectPro
>and
>3D coat but I wouldn´t describe my output as production ready.
>
>Cheers,
>

>tim
>
>On 29.10.2013 12:35, Angus Davidson wrote:
>> As a side question has anyone been trying the Fuel-3d Scanner. Anyone
>>got
>> decent results ?
>>
>> Secondly what workflow are you using to bake out the UV¹s and texture
>>map?
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Angus
>>
>> On 2013/10/29, 2:57 AM, "Tim Leydecker" <bauero...@gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Francisco,
>>>
>>> I´m also using meshlab to get vertexcolor baked into a UV based texture
>>> and export to *.obj (with UV set&texture generated in meshlab).
>>>
>>> 3D-coat has *.ply format support but I haven´t tested if it brings
>>> in the vertex colors from. let´s say a 3d scan with vertex colors.
>>>
>>> Might do, too. The 3D-coat fully working trial is good for 30 days.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> tim

>>style="width:100%;">
>>face="arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="#999999"><span
>>style="font-size:11px;">This communication is intended for the addressee
>>only. It is confidential. If you have received this communication in
>>error, please notify us immediately and destroy the original message.
>>You may not copy or disseminate this communication without the
>>permission of the University. Only authorised signatories are competent
>>to enter into agreements on behalf of the University and recipients are
>>thus advised that the content of this message may not be legally binding
>>on the University and may contain the personal views and opinions of the
>>author, which are not necessarily the views and opinions of The
>>University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. All agreements between
>>the University and outsiders are subject to South African Law unless the

style="width:100%;">
size="1" color="#999999"><span style="font-size:11px;">This communication is
intended for the addressee only. It is confidential. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately and destroy the original
message. You may not copy or disseminate this communication without the
permission of the University. Only authorised signatories are competent to
enter into agreements on behalf of the University and recipients are thus
advised that the content of this message may not be legally binding on the
University and may contain the personal views and opinions of the author, which
are not necessarily the views and opinions of The University of the
Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. All agreements between the University and
outsiders are subject to South African Law unless the University agrees in