I have an interesting issue at hand. It seems that the shipping Dual Quaternion Deformation ICE compound does not take into account scaling. I'm using it for one of our rigs, and scaling down the rig scales things properly, but the deformations on the mesh are still being calculated in a non-scaled space, it seems (they are quite exaggerated when the rig is scaled down).
First, I thought I could try fixing it myself by multiplying the calculated deformations by the scale factor from the rig, but that didn't work. I googled a bit, and found a Dual Quaternion Deformations 2 compound, which seems to support scaling. I downloaded it, but it made no difference. Taking a closer look at it, it's doing exactly what we were doing here to fix the first compound (taking the matrix from the mesh, inverting it, and multiplying it by the vector coming from the skinning nodes), but it made no difference. The deformations are still not scaling down.
I turned off the ICE tree and re-enabled my envelope (it's still there, I just mute it when enabling the ICE tree), and the deformations are ok there (I just need to use DQ on this mesh, that's why I'm not using the envelope), but re-enabling the ICE DQ deformer gives me the wrong deformations.
Has anyone seen this before? Any known cures for this ailment? Thanks!