the "lock ppg" toggle is iAttribute Editor->List->Autoload Selected Attribute

The feature to create "compounds" where you publish only selected
attributes in the attribute editor and elsewhere is the "Assets" menu.
Better node editor support will be investigated for the future.
(Hypergraph does it now)