yep, i am aware there is no ICE or python in your pipeline...

i just know we had issues were someone complained about these weird issues,
only they got. then in desperation they renamedd their user profile and it
worked. i dug into that profile and found many debugging options were on. i
restored their profile and then adjusted the preference and all was well.

i would divide and conquer, load that profile back up along with the
scene... slowly removing parts of the profile and reloading softimage/scene
until the problem is gone again.