You may also try sprinkle some Desktop.RedrawUI() in your script to force
UI update. Use it with caution though as it will slow you down. :/

*From:* softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com [mailto:
softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] *On Behalf Of *Alok Gandhi
*Sent:* Wednesday, December 04, 2013 2:02 AM
*To:* softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
*Subject:* Re: Progressbar in scripting

Yes I agree with Luc-Eric, if you implement an increment in progress bar,
even with the cancel button disabled, this should keep the freezing away.

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Luc-Eric Rousseau <luceri...@gmail.com>
wrote:

This is not something that XSI does and calling Refresh will have no
effect.  Windows starts to fade out applications that stop responding
to messages after a few seconds, and then eventually will show a
message saying the application has stopped responding (which is true,
although it doesn't mean it's hung).    If you're driving a progress
bar yourself, you need to do poll for the cancel button more often to
let softimage "breathe" and pump messages.  I think incrementing the
value also does it but I cannot recall.

--
*Error! Filename not specified.*