look at the 2 point constraints for this type of stuff. It gives you control of what axis points down the joint and also to set an object as an up vector to stabilize them. Might get rid of the need for the 2 constraints.

If you're sticking with the 2 constraints, you'd set the first constraint to 100% and the second one to 20% and that should get you the 80%/20% you're looking for.

The last resort would be to set keys on them but I've heard that this can sometimes cause motion blur issues as it spins or moves a good amount in the one frame it evals... do some tests.